It is officially fall! I have made one of my favorite fall desserts… Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. Everyone is always asking me for my recipe, so here it is! I have changed it over the years to make the best pumpkin cookies ever!
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
3. In an electric mixer cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until fluffy. Add the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla and beat just until blended.
4. Mix in the dry ingredients.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Drop the batter by heaping tablespoons 1 inch apart on the baking sheets.
7. Bake the cookies for 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Enjoy!!!! Happy Fall!