My boyfriend loves my homemade pizza. I make pizza every Sunday while he is watching footballs. He also loves football, we aren’t talking just the Jets game, but every single game shown on television game (and he watched the scores of the other games on his computer.) I tend to get a lot of things done around the house and have time to make pizza dough and pizza. We are both on Weight Watchers starting this week, so we thought our pizza days were over. I was determined to see if we could still fit my buffalo chicken pizza (our favorite kind) into our plans. We had a light breakfast and lunch in order to be able to have pizza for dinner. Come to find out after entering the pizza into the recipe builder on Weight Watcher Online my pizza only came up to 6 pointsplus a slice. I paired the pizza with a lighter version of a steakhouse’s Wedge salad, with light blue cheese dressing and turkey bacon. We were full after the salads and 2 slices on pizza each, even though we had enough points left to eat more.
- Pizza dough (I use Annie’s Eat's recipe for dough and freeze half)
- ⅜ cup reduced fat creamy blue cheese dressing (I used Marie’s Reduced fat creamy blue)
- ⅔ cup part-skim shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup chopped scallions (2-3)
- 1 piece of grilled chicken (3oz.)(, cut up into small pieces
- 1½ tbsp. of hot sauce (I use Frank’s)
- ⅔ cups reduced-fat shredded cheddar
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees and place pizza stone in oven to preheat for at least 30 minutes. While stone preheats, on a piece of parchment paper (I cut mine to the size of my pizza stone) stretch out the pizza dough to fit the paper. Spread the blue cheese on the dough (like you would pizza sauce) and then sprinkle with mozzarella. In a small bowl, add chicken and hot sauce, stirring to combine. Sprinkle chicken and scallions evenly over pizza. Top with the shredded cheddar. Bake in the oven for 9-10 minutes until cheese is melted and slightly brown. When slightly cooled, cut into 8 slices.
Lighter Wedge Salad
Cut a head of iceberg lettuce into fourths (making sure to remove core first). Place iceberg quarter on a salad plate and drizzle with one tablespoon of light blue cheese dressing. Sprinkle 1 1/2 piece of broken crispy turkey bacon ( I use Oscar Meyers Turkey Bacon) on top of dressing. (If using all the same ingredients and measures at me this salad comes to 2 PointsPlus)