The final master bathroom paint color reveal has been posted- check out this post to see what the painted bathroom looks like!
I have been making a lot of trips to our local hardware store lately to pick up paint swatches and samples. I’ve pretty much come to one conclusion- there are way too many colors to choose from! It’s so overwhelming. We finally narrowed down on a couple colors for our master bathroom and bought the mini sample jars. However, when we painted some samples on the wall, it was not what we were expecting at all.
I ended up trying 6 different Benjamin Moore samples until we found our perfect shade of blue for our bathroom:
The colors are:
1. Benjamin Moore Labrador Blue 1670: This blue is a stunner! I really like it, but it’s our runner-up for bathroom paint color. I may try to use it in another room in the house. I read online that this is the stairway and hallway colors in Phil & Claire’s house on Modern Family.
2. Benjamin Moore affinity- Amsterdam AF-550: This was actually an old sample I had from our condo in the city. I was looking for a gray shade at the time and I eliminated this color because I felt like it had too much blue in it. This time it got eliminated because it was not blue enough. Cheer up Amsterdam AF-550, I think I have another room in the house where you might work perfectly!
3. Benjamin Moore Historic Color- Jamestown Blue HC-148: We have a winner! The husband and I both loved this blue. I think it will look great against the tile and cabinetry. Hopefullly it will be the perfect shade to cheer up this bathroom! (edited: the final results of Jamestown Blue can be seen here!)
4. Benjamin Moore Aspen Skies 1656: Looking at the paint swatch, I thought this was the paint color for the bathroom. On the wall, it was way too bright! Even though it may seem like a waste to spend $4 a piece on all those mini samples, it saved us a lot of money in the end because I ended up not liking this paint color at all.
5. Benjamin Moore affinity- Azores AF-495: I bought samples of #5 and #6 for our guest bathroom, but decided to throw them up there to show another couple of options. They both have a bit more green in them. I think they are both great colors, but my heart is set on a blue master bathroom.
6. Benjamin Moore affinity- Atmospheric AF-500: This paint looks really similar to #5, but it’s a tad more gray than Azores.
Here’s another angle of the paint samples:
I’ll post full before and after photos once we are done painting the bathroom. For now, it’s off to the hardware store to pick up some more swatches. How do you go about picking a paint color? Share your tips and strategies in the comments!
This post is linked at: