Happy Easter! I hope you have a wonderful holiday and that you got a chance to decorate lots of Easter eggs! With all these extra eggs, I decided to pull together a list of 10 recipe ideas for all those leftover Easter eggs. I made about two dozen eggs yesterday and dyed them with the standard Paas egg dye kits. I did see a lot of blog posts this year showing how to use beets, cabbage, blueberries, and turmeric to dye eggs naturally, but I decided to go the traditional all-American route this year with the dye tablets and vinegar.
My husband likes to eat hard-boiled eggs just plain, but we still had a lot of eggs to go through (it’s recommended that you eat hard-boiled eggs within five days of making them.) Here are 10 recipes I found that use hard-boiled Easter eggs, or just regular hard-boiled eggs :)
- Asparagus with Dijon Mustard Sauce and Chopped Hard-Boiled Egg from Serious Eats
- Caesar Salad Deviled Eggs from smitten kitchen
- Curry Egg Salad Sandwich from The Cozy Kitchen
- Cobb Salad with Garlic Vinaigrette from Real Simple
- Deviled Eggs from Simply Recipes
- Ed’s Mother’s Meatloaf from Nigella Lawson
- Egg Salad Sandwich from Kitchen Daily
- Hard-Boiled Eggs Florentine from Gourmet January 2005
- Nicoise Salad from foodieinberlin’s blog
- Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing from The Pioneer Woman
What do you plan on making with those leftover Easter eggs?