I was inspired to make this pizza after having the Chicken Artichoke Flatbread Pizza at Outback Steak House. Spinach artichoke dip is always one of my favorite appetizers to order at restaurants, so after trying the flat bread pizza I knew I would need to create my own pizza. I have made Spinach Artichoke Dip a few times for parties and have always been pretty satisfied with the results. I decided to create this pizza to be able to post it to M’s Produce Tuesday for artichokes (I used canned artichoke hearts, but you certainly could use fresh ones as well- here is a tutorial on how to trim and clean an artichoke heart).
Everything was going perfectly with the creation of this pizza until I went to remove the pizza from the oven. The pizza slipped off the pizza peel and landed topping down into the crack of the oven and the oven door. What a mess! I was so upset after I dropped it my boyfriend had to clean it up and try to save as much as he could of it. We still ate what he was able to save and it was still delicious, just not really pretty to photograph and show you guys. I was so proud of what the results were going to be so it broke my heart when I dropped it. Just goes to show you that kitchen accidents happen to everyone! I will definitely be trying this pizza again.
- 4 oz. light cream cheese
- 3 tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. light sour cream
- 3 tbsp. grated parmesan
- 5oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and moisture squeezed out
- 5-6 canned artichokes hearts, quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic, minces
- 3 oz grilled chicken breast cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan
- ¾ cup mozzarella
- Pizza dough- I use the recipe from Annie’s Eats
- Preheat the oven to 500 degree with pizza stone in oven. Assemble the artichoke dip in a medium bowl mixing together the cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, 3 tbsp. parmesan, spinach, artichokes, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. With a sheet of parchment paper cut to fit your pizza stone, sprinkle corn meal down on parchment paper and spread out pizza dough. Once the dough is spread out to the size you want, spread artichoke dip onto pizza leaving the edges open for crust. Place cut chicken slices on top of artichoke dip . Then, sprinkle parmesan and mozzarella cheese on top. Place pizza on preheated pizza stone in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Carefully take out of the oven and by all means do not drop the pizza!!