While I was visiting my parent’s house this past week, my mother and I shared a few dinners together while my father was out-of-town. She had created this recipe for a delicious vegetable pasta dish and I was excited to have a meatless pasta night since my husband prefers low-carb, high-protein dinners. She came up with this recipe to use up a few things in her fridge one night and I think the results were great. It’s very spring-like and a simple dish to pull together…just add a glass of white wine and it’s an instant girls’ night!
- 6 oz. linguine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 cups sweet baby lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 cup tomato, diced and seeded
- kosher salt, to taste
- 6-8 basil leaves, cut chiffonade-style
- Heat pot of water to boil. Add salt and pasta when the water is boiling. Stir occasionally and cook for 8-9 minutes. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the pasta water.
- Place the hot pasta in a large bowl. Stir in butter and Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus enough of the reserved pasta water to moisten. Toss in baby lettuces and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with basil.
What sort of meal do you like to make for girls’ night?