I spent a few days this week visiting my parents out in upstate NY so they could see Baby T. It was great to visit them and get a little mini-vacation for myself. It’s a nice break from the constant cleaning, cooking, and chasing baby boy, and it’s also fun to catch up with my parents. My mom made these Nutella sandwich cookies for my visit and I couldn’t get enough of them! I have never tried Nutella before, but I have been converted…definitely on my to-do list to stock up on some back home!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 and ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream butter with mixer for about 1 minute until smooth. Add in granulated and light brown sugar. Beat with the mixer on high speed for 3 minutes until light & fluffy.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and ½ cup of the Nutella and mix well on low speed.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients into wet ingredients, and continue to mix on low speed until combined. Increase the mixer speed to medium and mix just until the dough is smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a melon scooper, scoop out balls of dough and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 6-7 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely. Once cooled, take a cookie and spread generously Nutella. Top with another cookie. Continue to make cookie "sandwiches" out of the remaining cookies with the Nutella.
Source: Adapted from Erin’s Food Files