We are featuring fava beans today as part of our Fresh Produce Tuesday series. If you missed any of the past weeks, here are links to each type of produce we have featured: Asparagus, Artichokes, Spring Onions, Peas, Garlic Scapes & Spring Garlic, and Rhubarb.
Here is the schedule for the next five weeks:
Week #7- May 8th: Fava Beans
Week #8- May 15th: Radishes
Week #9- May 22nd: Lettuces
Week #10- May 29th: Morels
Week #11- June 5th: Strawberries
Fava beans are a little annoying to write about because spellcheck automatically changes the word fava to lava every single time! They are quite delicious though and will soon be popping up in Farmers Markets and CSA boxes. I found these great sounding recipes to prepare fava beans:
- Fava and Fresh Ricotta Bruschetta (& 3 additional fava bean recipes) – Molly Katzen Online
- Fava Bean and Pecorino Salad – Anne Burrell
- Fava Bean Dip with with Goat Cheese and Garlic – Simply Recipes
- Fava Bean Risotto with Fresh Mozzarella and Prosciutto - Cooking Light, April 2006
- Grilled Fava Beans – 101 Cookbooks
- Marinated Fava Beans- About.Com Local Foods
- Spaghetti with Fava Beans, Bread Crumbs, and Marjoram - The New York Times
Fellow food bloggers, please link up your fava bean recipe below!