It’s radish day today as part of our Fresh Produce Tuesday series. I can’t say that I love radishes, but I’m always on the look-out for recipes that may help me change that. Radishes have that straight from the earth feel to them. In fact, according to Wikipedia, there are some varieties of radishes from seed to a little plant in just 3 days!
If you live in the Boston area, be sure to stop by the Copley Farmers Market for it’s opening day today from 11am-6pm. I used to work nearby and stopped by that market twice a week (Tuesday and Friday.) It’s a wonderful market and one of the things I miss most about living in the city! My favorite vendors are Siena Farm (lots of produce variety), Gilson’s Herb Lyceum (great herbs to plant), Atlas Farm (best tomatoes!), Stillman’s at the Turkey Farm (for meat). I also would always grab lunch from Crystal Brook Farms– they have the best goat cheese picnic to go (the brown bag usually has a tub of marinated goat cheese, fresh bread, and a trail mix).
Here are some recipes that I have pulled together that feature radishes:
- Creamy Radish Dip from Tasty Kitchen
- Feta Dip with Watermelon Radishes from the Bon Appetit Test Kitchen
- Fish Tacos with Salsa Verde and Radish Salad from Everyday Food, April 2008
- Pickled Radishes from The Red Spoon
- Radish Butter on Toasted Baguette from Martha Stewart Living, April 2012
- Radish Chips from Simply Comfort Food
- Radish Toasts from a Couple Cooks
- Roasted Radishes with Balsamic Vinegar from White On Rice Couple
- Romaine and Radish Salad with Buttermilk Lemon Dressing from The New York Times
- Spring Radish Salad (+ other radish recipes) from Mariquita Farm
Please share your favorite radish recipe by clicking the blue “Click Here to Enter” link:
If you missed any of the past weeks, here are links to each type of produce we have featured: Asparagus, Artichokes, Spring Onions, Peas, Garlic Scapes & Spring Garlic, Rhubarb, and Fava Beans. All of the linky tools are still open if you still would like to submit a recipe for any of these weeks.
Our Fresh Produce Tuesday line-up for the next few weeks is as follows:
Week #9- May 22nd: Lettuces
Week #10- May 29th: Morels
Week #11- June 5th: Strawberries
I hope you’ll continue to join us in celebrating a new type of produce each week as the growing season really starts to heat up.