I tried another recipe today that I found via Pinterest- Frozen Cupcake S’mores. I changed up the original recipe I found a little bit and I would have to say it was a great cold treat on what is turning out to be a really hot day. Baby T was sobbing during the photo shoot because he wanted to try one of the frozen s’mores. I finally caved and gave him one in his outdoor highchair- I think I will be cleaning up the chocolate mess he made for the next few weeks!
- 18 graham cracker squares (9 sheets), crumbled into fine crumbs
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 and ½ cup cold milk
- 1 box (3.9oz) instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup Cool Whip, thawed
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a muffin pan with 12 baking cups. Mix graham cracker crumbs (reserve a few tablespoons for a topping) and melted butter in a small bowl. Divide the graham cracker mixture into each of the 12 cups and mash down with the bottom of a small glass.
- Meanwhile, place milk chocolate chips and whipping cream and melt in microwave in 30 second increments, Stir in between increments until just melted and smooth. Pour chocolate mixture evenly over the 12 graham cracker crusts. Top chocolate mixture with a layer of mini marshmallows.
- Combine the pudding mix and cold milk in a large bowl and whisk together with a wire whisk for 2 minutes. Once pudding has thickened, add the Cool Whip and stir together. Spoon pudding mixture evenly over the 12 cups.
- Top each cupcake s'more with some graham cracker crumbs and mini chocolate chips. Place in the freezer for at least a few hours. Serve straight from the freezer.
Source: Adapted from easybaked