I can’t really say that I love beets, but we get them in our CSA about every other week so I am learning to embrace them. I was able to find lots of beet recipes this week that I would like to try with our next batch of beets. One recipe I did make a few weeks ago that I loved was beet chips (recipe below.) I received a food processor as a wedding gift and never took out all the attachments to see what they did. Turns out, it has an awesome mandoline attachment that thinly slices things up in less than a second. Did I mention it is our five year wedding anniversary this week? I could have used this so many times over the last five years! Lesson learned- always read your small appliance manuals so you learn about all the extra functionality they might have.
BEET RECIPES FROM AROUND THE WEB:
- Baked Golden and Red Beets with Anise Vinaigrette from food & style
- Beet and Apple Salad from Katie Brown
- Beet Chips from Martha Stewart Everyday Food, January 2010
- Beet Napoleons from Real Simple
- Beet Risotto with Goat Cheese from Tasty Kitchen Blog
- Chocolate Beet Cake with Beet Cream Cheese Frosting from Joy the Baker
- Farro, Beet, and Herb Salad from What’s Gaby Cooking
- Golden Beet Slaw from Martha Stewart Living, April 2011
- Mixed Greens Salad with Roasted Beets from The New York Times
- Pickled Beets from Alton Brown
BEET RECIPES FROM OTHER BLOGGERS:
Bloggers, please link up as many corn recipes as you would like:
Too much summer produce and not enough ideas on how to prepare them? Be sure to check out the Fresh Produce Tuesday tag! We have a large assortment of recipes for the following types of produce:Peas,Radishes,Lettuce,Kale,Carrots,Chard,Raspberries,Zucchini,Eggplants, and Heirloom Tomatoes.