Happy Halloween everyone! Is anyone else in shock that it is the last day of October? We ended up pretty much unscathed from Hurricane Sandy. One of our Japanese maples was uprooted and we lost power for a couple of hours, but pretty minor stuff compared to how others on the East Coast fared. I hope everyone else out there that was affected by the storm is doing ok!
Since it’s now officially Halloween, I wanted to reveal baby T’s Mickey Mouse costume. First, here’s a quick round-up of a few Halloween posts that we have done in the past.
- Scary Black Cat Cookies
- Eery Half Moon Cookies
- Boo-tiful Mini Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Witch’s Cauldron Crockpot Cider with Mulling Spices
- Spooky DIY Halloween Pennant Banner
Mickey Mouse Costume:
My son (who turns 2 in a couple of weeks) is pretty much obsessed with the tv show Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I decided a couple months ago to dress him up as Mickey Mouse for Halloween. When I started looking for costumes on-line, I was unimpressed with the results so I decided to make the costume myself. It was actually very simple to make and ended up costing less than $25.
- black Pants– $5.00
- long-sleeved black t-shirt– $4.00
- red shorts– $4.25
- 2 large white buttons- less than $2.00 at Michael’s
- headband- 99 cents in clearance box at Target
- thick black pipe cleaner (also called chenille stem)- $2.99 at Michael’s
- black and yellow felt- 29 cents a piece at Michael’s
- needle and thread- already had
- scissor- already had
- glue gun- already had
- safety pin- already had
- black face paint- $4.99 at Michael’s (I know I could have gotten this cheaper somewhere else, but I was running short on time and picked up a set here)
Here’s T getting ready to go trick-or-treating!
Hope you have a great Halloween!