Mickey Mouse Cupcakes

Mickey Mouse Cupcakes

As promised in my last post about T’s Mickey Mouse birthday party, I wanted to follow up with a post about making Mickey Mouse cupcakes.  T loves mini cupcakes so I opted to make the Mickey cupcakes on a smaller scale (but a large quantity!)  There are so many cute Mickey Mouse cupcakes on Pinterest and a lot of them involve Oreo cookies.  Since my cupcakes were going to be mini, I decided to incorporate mini Oreos.

For the cupcake and frosting recipe, I opted to use our hands-down favorite cupcake recipe- the Magnolia Vanilla Cupcake recipe with Vanilla Buttercream Icing.  While this recipe usually makes about two dozen full-sized cupcakes, I found it made about 75 mini cupcakes per batch.  The baking time is reduced to about 10 minutes.  I found mini red, white, and black polka-dotted cupcake liners at Michael’s.

To frost the cupcakes, I highly recommend reading this cupcake icing tutorial.  I used about 80% of the vanilla icing to frost the tops of the cupcakes.  For the remaining 20%, I mixed it with a couple tablespoons cocoa powder and set it aside to use later for the ears.  I used a large closed star tip to ice the cupcakes with plain vanilla frosting.  I then placed a mini Oreo in the middle of the frosted cupcake.  I then used the reserved chocolate icing to pipe two “ears” on top of the Oreos using a small open star tip.

I then placed the mini Mickey Mouse cupcakes in my customized 3-tier cupcake stand (more details in the birthday post about how I made this.)

Mickey Mouse Cupcake Stand

Have you ever made cupcakes for a theme party?

sister m signature

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
  • http://www.foodandstyle.com Viviane Bauquet Farre

    Quite adorable! An indelible childhood icon made into a sweet treat – Proust would be proud, ladies!

    • 2sisters2cities

      Thanks Viviane!

      -m

  • Santa

    Adorable cupcakes!!! Also the cupcake stand is really beautiful.

    • 2sisters2cities

      Thank you!

      -m