I know it’s a little late to be writing this, but I wanted to share my 2012 Thanksgiving menu with you! I ended up picking up our turkey and doing all the grocery shopping today- talk about last minute! Now that I have all the ingredients at my house, I’m hoping to start prepping dishes this afternoon as my guests start to linger in from their original destinations. Tomorrow morning I am running in a our town’s 5K turkey trot with my husband and sister. Then, it’s a full day of cooking and fun family time! Here’s my current menu for the next few days:
Thursday (aka The Big Day!):
- Breakfast: Baked French Toast
- Lunch: Greek Salad Pitas (tbd…only if people are hungry)
- Appetizers: Popcorn, Spinach & Artichoke dip, Spiced Pepitas & Pecans, Cheese & Chorizo plate, and Crockpot Mulled Cider
- Dinner: Deep-Fried Turkey, Gravy, Canned and Fresh Cranberry Sauce, Green Bean Almondine, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Apple & Sausage Stuffing, store-bought rolls (although I bought all the ingredients to make these honey yeast rolls, but I don’t think I have enough time), Green & Black Olives, and Marshmallow Sweet Potato Casserole
- Dessert: Pumpkin Mousse (this is one of our first posts ever at 2S2C!)
- Breakfast: Bagels and veggie cream cheese (hoping to post this recipe soon!)
- Lunch: Sandwiches made from leftovers!
- Dinner: Pork Carnitas and Guacamole (brought by my mom)
- Dessert: Salted caramel bars and gluten-free brownies
I would love to hear what’s on your Thanksgiving menu this year. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!