I can’t believe the sun is setting on what is the final day of 2012…what a blur of a year! We are also celebrating the third anniversary of 2 Sisters 2 Cities this month. To wrap up the year, K and I have decided to each highlight our top five favorite posts from this past year. (She will be listing hers in a separate post.)
2012 was a great year for 2 Sisters 2 Cities with over 200 posts! This past year, we’ve really focused on growing 2S2C with more frequent posts and better quality content and photos. In addition, we rolled out our new logo and theme this past year. We are happy to report that we are already seeing results- our visitor traffic is now ten times higher than it was last December! A huge thanks to all our loyal readers who read our blog so faithfully for the past three years. Now, moving on to my top five posts of 2012…
1. We were very excited to kick-off 2012 with a New England vs New York Super Bowl. K and I decided to have a little competition of our own and had a Super Bowl recipe throwdown. I came up with a recipe for Lobster Nachos, while K whipped up some Buffalo Chicken Bites with Zesty Blue Cheese. Unfortunately New York won both events, but we had a great time coming up with regionally-themed appetizers.
2. While this was actually a series of 15 posts, I tried a lot of new fruits and vegetable recipes over the course of spring and summer with my Fresh Produce Tuesday series. It gave me some great ideas for recipes to make with fresh, local produce. I’m already counting down the days until the opening day for farmers markets!
3. In September, I wrote this post for an Apple, Walnut, and Blue Cheese Salad with Dried Cherries while I was visiting my parents. It was so hard to narrow down a particular favorite recipe from the year, but I adore how the photos of this salad turned out. It also helped that I made this recipe countless times afterwards.
4. This fall, I did a post with a tutorial on how to make your own Rolling Storage Crate. I’m happy to report that we love using it for T’s ever growing book collection in his room. This ended up being our most popular post of the year and was even featured on Knock Off Decor.
5. In November, I threw a Mickey Mouse-themed party for T’s 2nd birthday. I had a great time pulling this together for my little guy’s special day. I think I may have overdid it on the Mickey Mouse birthday and Halloween costume though as T suddenly went cold turkey with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and will only watch Curious George now (monkey party next year anyone?)
Again, thanks so much to all our wonderful readers who helped us grow so much this past year. Cheers to a memorable 2012 and another cheers to a fresh start for 2013!