I sometimes post about my full meal plan for the week on Mondays, but yesterday’s holiday has thrown me off schedule a bit. Speaking of yesterday, I hope you had a great long weekend! We didn’t manage to finish all the projects I mentioned in Friday’s post, but we did get a chance to organize our entire basement. It was a bit of a major undertaking as we still had boxes in place from our initial move that we had not even touched. I’m very happy to report that after much throwing out, recycling, and re-organizing, it’s starting to look a lot less like a scene from Hoarders and much more like a nicely organized basement.
We went to Ikea on what must have been one of their busiest days of the year (apparently a lot of people were working on home projects this past weekend!) At Ikea, we bought a pair of these GORM shelving units for the basement. They were fairly easy to put together and look really nice. For now, we are using them to organize paints, painting supplies, and household chemicals that we want to keep out of T’s reach. I would highly recommend these shelves if you are looking for more secondary storage in your home.
Moving on to my menu for the week…most of this week’s meals were inspired by other food bloggers. The sole exception is tonight’s meal, which comes from the now defunct Martha Stewart Everyday Food. I loved that little magazine and am feeling a little sad it won’t be popping up in my mailbox this month. Any other MSEF fans out there lamenting this loss?
This week’s menu plan:
- Tuesday: Lighter Chicken Cordon Bleu with a Side Salad and Garlic Rice Pilaf (chicken recipe from Martha Stewart Everyday Food, October 2012)
- Wednesday: Chipotle Steak Tacos with Caramelized Onions (from Cook Like a Champion)
- Thursday: Greek Pita Pizzas (from Annie’s Eats)
- Friday: Chicken and Avocado Enchiladas (from Closet Cooking)
- Saturday: Cooking break! Either going out to eat or take-out.
- Sunday: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches (from The Girl Who Ate Everything)
- Monday: Lasagna Soup (from Elly Says Opa)
What’s on your menu plan for the week?