Did you forget that it is Valentine’s Day and need a festive (but quick) treat to give to someone special? Well these Golden Oreo Truffles are super easy to make and can be made with dark chocolate or white chocolate. Did I mention that they are delicious?
These are very similar to the Oreo Truffles that M made for our 12 Days of Christmas Cookies, but with a slight twist using Golden Oreos instead. I also used a combination of white and dark chocolate…I prefer dark, while my dear Valentine prefers white. These Golden Oreo Truffles can be easily switched up for any holiday or theme…just add whatever color sprinkles you need! I found mini cupcake wrappers to be the perfect holder for the truffles.
- 1 package (8 oz.) reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 package Golden Oreos
- White chocolate bars (5-6 oz.)
- Dark chocolate bars (5-6 oz.)
- Sprinkles or sanding sugar to decorate with (optional)
- Prepare baking sheet by lining them with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a food processor, chop up Golden Oreos until finely crushed. In a separate bowl, mix together the cream cheese and crushed Oreos until fully combined.
- Shape the cream cheese/Oreo mixture into ~48 (1-inch) balls and place onto parchment-lined baking sheet. Place the tray in the freezer for 25-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop up the white and dark chocolate and place in separate bowls. Melt the chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals until chocolate is fully melted and smooth (stir between each interval.) Once the cream cheese/Oreo balls are full frozen, dip the balls into either the white or dark chocolate bowl. Place back onto baking sheet and decorate with sprinkles or sanding sugar before the chocolate sets. Refrigerate the Golden Oreo Truffles for 20 more minutes so the chocolate fully sets. Be sure to store truffles in the fridge as the center has cream cheese in it.
Source: Slightly adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Still looking for more Valentine’s Day treats? Here are five more ideas from 2S2C:
- Heart Cut-out Cookies with Buttercream Frosting: http://www.2sisters2cities.com/2013/02/cutout-sugar-cookies-with-buttercream-frosting/
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting: http://www.2sisters2cities.com/2013/02/red-velvet-cupcakes/
- M&M Valentine’s Day Cookies: http://www.2sisters2cities.com/2013/02/mm-cookies-for-valentines-day/
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries: http://www.2sisters2cities.com/2012/02/chocolate-covered-strawberries-and-valentines-day-menu/
- Extreme Three-Layer Brownies: http://www.2sisters2cities.com/2012/02/happy-valentines-day-with-three-layer-brownies/
Hope you have a great V-Day!