It’s been taking me a long time to catch up from our four-day power outage from Blizzard “Nemo” and I have seemed to have lost my blogging stride! I think that I may have officially gone into “nesting” mode as well and I have been trying to tackle a lot of projects around the house over the past week. We finally got around to hanging up blackout shades in our master bedroom over the long weekend- I feel like I am sleeping better already! I’ve also begun brainstorming ideas for baby #2′s nursery.
T has taken an early nap today and I have been cooking up a storm for blog posts ever since. I don’t have any of the recipes ready yet for posting, but I did want to share my menu plan I have coming up for the week. It seems like I always do one of these menu plan tuesday posts the day after a long holiday weekend!
- Tuesday: Simple Shrimp Scampi from Picky Palate (I’m officially obsessed with The Picky Palate Cookbook that my mom gave me for Valentine’s Day- I’ve already made so many great recipes from it!)
- Wednesday: Jambalaya from 2 Sisters 2 Cities
- Thursday: Slow Cooker Beef Stew from Picky Palate
- Friday: Braised Short Ribs and Vegetables from The Picky Palate Cookbook
- Saturday: Ham with Maple Baked Beans and Orange Fennel Salad from The Barefoot Contessa (I saw her making this on her TV show and haven’t been able to stop thinking about it since.)
- Sunday: Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup from The Crockin’ Girls as featured in HGTV Magazine, February 2013
- Monday: Sausage, Fennel, & Ricotta Pizza with Arugula & Mushroom Salad from Cooking Light, March 2013
Do you have any fun meals planned for the week?