Tex-Mex Pimiento Cheese Dip
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt (0% Fat)
- 6 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 2 small or 1 large jalapeño peppers, ribbed, seeded and minced
- 2-3 scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro, plus 1 tablespoon
- 8 oz. of shredded pepper jack cheese
- 8 oz. of shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to your liking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl combine Greek yogurt, cream cheese, roasted red peppers, scallions, ¼ cup cilantro, shredded cheddar, shredded pepper jack, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- In a 2-quart oven-proof casserole dish spread the dip out evenly.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is bubbly and dip it hot.
- Top with remaining 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro and serve with tortilla chips
- To make ahead of time-Do steps 2-3 and put plastic wrap over it and place in the fridge.
Recipe by 2 Sisters 2 Cities at http://www.2sisters2cities.com/2012/07/tex-mex-pimiento-cheese-dip/