Nine Raspberry Linzer Cookies
Author: 2 Sisters 2 Cities
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1½ cups of Butter (3 sticks), at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3½ cups AP flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup raspberry preserves
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- In the bowl of a mixer, add in butter and sugar and mix until combined (using the paddle attachment)
- Mix in vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl mix together flour and salt
- With Mixer on low, add the dry ingredients into the butter and let mix until dough starts to form.
- Take dough out on to a floured surface and form into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Once dough is chilled, roll out on a floured surface to a ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut out cookies with your larger cookie cutter and cut the center out of 1 out of every 2 cookies and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in refrigerator for 15 minutes to chill.
- Bake the cookies for 20-25 minutes until the edges begin to brown slightly.
- Take cookies out and place onto wire rack, let cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Spread raspberry preserves on the back side of the solid cookie. Dust the top of the cut-out cookie with confectioners’ sugar and then place the flat sides of the top and bottom cookies together.
Recipe by 2 Sisters 2 Cities at http://www.2sisters2cities.com/2012/12/nine-raspberry-linzer-cookies/