Heath Bar Butter Cookies
Author: 2 Sisters 2 Cities
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup of butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ cup heath bar bits
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a mixer combine sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla until creamy. Scrape down the sides.
- In a separate medium sized bowl mix flour, baking powder, and baking soda together
- Stir flour into the butter mix. Beat until mixed.
- Add in heath bar bits.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll dough ball in a bowl of sugar and place on cookie sheet
- With the back of a glass with a flat bottom, dip glass into sugar and flatten dough balls so they make about a 2 inch circle.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are lightly brown.
- Sprinkle with sugar and let cool.
Recipe by 2 Sisters 2 Cities at http://www.2sisters2cities.com/2012/12/three-heath-bar-butter-cookies/