Pimiento Cheese Deviled Eggs
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- ¼ cup chopped pimientos, drained
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- ½ tsp. hot sauce
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. fresh cracked pepper
- ¾ ounce reduced fat shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp. pecans, toasted and chopped, for garnish
- Peel eggs and then slice length wise. Take out the yolks of the eggs and place them in a medium sized bowl. With a fork, mash the egg yolks until all the large chunks are gone.
- Add in remainder of ingredients except for garnish and stir with a rubber spatula. Mash mixture on the side of the bowl to smooth out any lumps.
- Prepare a pastry bag with a large star tip (I used Wilton’s 6B). Take egg yolk mixture and add it to the pastry bag, then twist the top portion closed to push the eggs into the bag further.
- Pipe the yolks into the egg whites by applying pressure to pastry bag and lifting up slowly and releasing the pressure as the egg white fills with yolk. Top each egg chopped toasted pecans.
Recipe by 2 Sisters 2 Cities at http://www.2sisters2cities.com/2014/04/deviled-eggs-4-ways/