Well, it is officially the week of Fourth of July and you know what that means..S’more season is here! What is better then (or equal to a s’more,) but a S’more Chocolate Chip Cookie combination.
The boyfriend and I have a bit of an obsession with chocolate chip cookies. I feel like we haven’t baked much of anything else this year except for white sandwich bread and chocolate chip cookies. My boyfriend has become a chocolate chip cookie baking-pro over here. While he was gone today, I decided to make a new cookie recipe. We had this bakery near our old house in New Jersey that sold really good cupcakes and cookies. They had the most amazing S’more Cookies and ever since then I have been trying to recreate them. This recipe is pretty darn close!
One Thanksgiving, my mom was making Martha Stewart’s recipe for Sweet Potato Casserole and asked me to cut up large marshmallows to put on top because that is what the recipe called for. We joked that maybe Martha didn’t realize they made mini marshmallows. This particular cookie recipe calls for mini marshmallows, which of course I forgot at the grocery store. Luckily, I had large marshmallows and got to cut them up like old times!
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup AP flour
- 1 cup graham crackers crumbs
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- 3-4 Hershey Bars broken into squares
- 1 cup of mini marshmallows or large marshmallows cut up
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream butter and then add both sugars. Once mixed, add in egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the dry mix into the wet mixture, scraping down the sides to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Mix in chocolate chips (not the Hershey's squares yet.)
- Scoop the cookie dough into 24 balls and spread out on two cookie sheets lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Bake one tray at a time for 8 minutes, take out of the oven, closing the oven door so you do not lose heat. Press marshmallows and Hershey's squares into the top of the cookies (I did 1-2 squares and then 3-4 marshmallows in each cookies). Put tray back in the oven and bake for an additional 3-4 minutes. Repeat for second tray.
- Let cookies cool for 5-10 minutes and then move to cooling tray. Store in an airtight container.
Source- Adapted from Carl’s Bad Cravings Blog
Looking for more S’more desserts? Try these: