This Tex-Mex Pimiento Cheese Dip is seriously amazing, I mean make 3 times in the same week kind of amazing. When we served this dip at our family lunch over Fourth of July, it was gone within minutes of coming out of the oven. My mom made more of the pimiento cheese dip the next day because we had enjoyed it so much the day before. Then, I made a half batch when I got home to take more photographs of the dip since I didn’t get one of the dip baked at the party. The pimiento cheese dip is easy to pull together and can be made ahead of time.
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt (0% Fat)
- 6 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 2 small or 1 large jalapeño peppers, ribbed, seeded and minced
- 2-3 scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro, plus 1 tablespoon
- 8 oz. of shredded pepper jack cheese
- 8 oz. of shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to your liking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl combine Greek yogurt, cream cheese, roasted red peppers, scallions, ¼ cup cilantro, shredded cheddar, shredded pepper jack, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- In a 2-quart oven-proof casserole dish spread the dip out evenly.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is bubbly and dip it hot.
- Top with remaining 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro and serve with tortilla chips
- To make ahead of time-Do steps 2-3 and put plastic wrap over it and place in the fridge.
Source– Slightly adapted from Annie’s Eats