Today’s 12 Cookies of Christmas countdown post is brought to you by Kraft.
A Little Help For The Holidays From Kraft
Christmas is less than a week away and it’s time to get serious about Christmas preparations! When I saw this Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookie idea on Pinterest, I knew I had to make these little guys. These reindeer are so stinking cute and peanut butter cookies are a family favorite in our household. They also reminded me of K’s Black Cat Cookies and I had fun making those for T this past Halloween. Whether you are baking for kids or grown-ups, these reindeer cookies will be sure to bring a smile to their faces.
I was able to save a little bit of money this holiday season by picking up some Planters Peanut Butter at Target. Kraft is currently offering a number of coupons for exclusive use at Target to make your holiday entertaining a bit easier. ( Save up to $20 on participating Kraft products, only at Target.) These Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies will be the hit of your Christmas party!
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup Creamy Planters Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and ¼ cup all-purpose flour.
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- chocolate-covered pretzels, cut in half (for the antlers)
- mini brown M&Ms (for the eyes)
- regular-sized red M&Ms (for the nose...you could also use brown M&Ms if you prefer non-Rudolph cookies!)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar using the paddle attachment. Next, add in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla and mix together until combined. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the baking soda, flour, and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the electric mixing bowl and mix until fully incorporated. Once all the flour mixture has been added, chill the dough in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare baking sheets with parchment paper. Once dough has chilled, use a mini ice cream scooper to scoop out small balls of dough. Place the ball of dough on the cookie sheet and gently flatten it with your hand. Bake for 8-9 minutes or until edges turn slightly golden.
- Remove cookies from oven and immediately add the chocolate-covered pretzels as antlers, two mini brown M&Ms for eyes, and red M&M for the mouth. Carefully transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Source: Reindeer Cookie idea from Bakergirl and Peanut Butter Cookie recipe slightly adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Here’s the rest of our 2013 Cookie Countdown in case you have missed any!
4 Oatmeal Chocolate Mint Cookies
5 Sprinkle Cookies
6 Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread Cutouts
7 Chocolate Hazelnut Coins
8 Italian Lemon Drops
9 Chocolate Toffee Crackers
10 Cranberry Pistachio Shortbread Cookies
11 Christmas Snickerdoodles
12 Chocolate Raspberry Thumbprints
From shopping for gifts to planning family dinners, it’s hard to keep up with all your holiday to-do’s. This year, Kraft is helping out with great weeknight meals and entertaining ideas to make the season a little bit easier. Plus, Kraft is offering up to $20 in coupons, redeemable exclusively at Target, to make food shopping easier and to help you have a happy holiday season.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.