For this week’s Fresh Produce Tuesday series, we are featuring many amazing strawberry recipes. Strawberries are my all-time favorite fruit. I enjoy them almost year-round, but the most delicious ones are the fresh, local strawberries found every June from local farms. I love that strawberries are so versatile- I enjoy them in a smoothie or with Greek yogurt in the morning, with a spinach salad for dinner, in a sweet dessert, or I just pop them in my mouth just as they are.
I’ve been noticing fresh spring produce is abundant lately at the farmer’s markets. Here are recipe ideas for Asparagus, Artichokes, Spring Onions, Peas, Garlic Scapes & Spring Garlic, Rhubarb, Fava Beans, Radishes, Lettuce, and Morels in case you missed any of the previous weeks of our series.
I made this strawberry shortcake recipe a few weeks ago and loved how it turned out. I was a little shocked how much heavy cream was used in the shortcake base alone, but it created a perfectly tasting cake to douse with strawberries and whipped cream.
Here are 9 additional strawberry recipes that I love:
- Fresh Strawberry Pie from Brown Eyed Baker
- Homemade Strawberry Lemonade from My Baking Addiction
- Strawberry Balsamic Thyme Freezer Jam from Foodie with Family
- Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream from Martha Stewart Living, February 2009
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt from Pink Parsley
- Strawberry, Pistachio, and Goat Cheese Pizza from Cooking Light, May 2009
- Strawberry Spinach Salad from Our Best Bites
- Strawberry Shortcake Popsicles from Baker’s Royale
- Strawberry Wine Coolers from Annie’s Eats
Here’s your chance to link up you favorite strawberry recipe. It would be great if you could link back to 2 Sisters 2 Cities or add our button to your strawberry post (our button can be found on the top of the right-hand column), but it is not required. Readers, please “like” the recipes below that you like the best!
Here is the Fresh Produce Tuesday schedule for the next few weeks:
Week #12- June 12th: Kale
Week #13- June 19th: Carrots
Week #14- June 26th: Chard