Looking for an easy, chocolate-y cookie recipe to bring to an upcoming Christmas cookie exchange? This recipe for Chocolate Velvet Butter Balls fits the bill. This chocolate cookie recipe whips up a high volume of cookies in no time flat and they are the perfect hit of chocolate. The Chocolate Velvet Butter Balls also freeze very well in case you are stocking up on your Christmas cookie supply this weekend.
Can we talk about how Christmas is only a week and a half away!?! I find that fact very shocking. This is going to be a very busy weekend of sending Christmas cards, shopping for presents, wrapping gifts, and baking more cookies. The only problem with starting to bake so early for our 12 Days of Christmas Cookie series is that we have a lot of cookie thieves in our home (myself included!)
- 2 and ½ cups flour
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- 1 egg
- confectionery sugar (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together flour and cocoa powder; set aside. Use a mixer to blend together the butter and granulated sugar. Add vanilla, salt, and egg to mixing bowl and beat until blended. Pour the flour/cocoa mixture directly into the mixing bowl. Mix until dough is well combined.
- In the palm of your hand, roll into ball one inch in diameter. Bake 10 minutes on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Cool on racks and then sift confectionery sugar on top.
What are you plans for the weekend? Do you have a planned itinerary of baking, sending cards, and wrapping gifts as well?