June is such a busy month with the end of the school year, graduation parties, bridal & baby showers, and weddings. I’m always racking my brain for creative gifts that would be appreciated and I came up with a coffee and caramel-themed gift basket. While T doesn’t start school until September, I think this would make a great teacher gift for his future teachers next year (God bless their hearts already…they are going to have their hands full!)
I recently gave my little sister a “working girl” graduation present since she will be starting a real office job this summer. I filled a clear acrylic tray with items that I have always found helpful to have at my work desk. I brainstormed with K about our favorite cubicle essentials- we came up an iced coffee mug, Starbucks Via iced coffee packets, tissues, antibacterial hand gel, cleaning wipes, lip balm, Altoids, and a Charlie Ticket (which is used to pay for busses and subways in Boston.) The tray I used to hold all the stuff wasn’t necessarily for work- I figured it would be fun to use as a serving tray while entertaining or organize small household items, such as make-up or stationery.
I was recently asked by International Delight to come up with a craft project using an International Delight creamer bottle. Since a creamer bottle snowman isn’t very seasonal for this time of year (seriously, Google it- there are a lot of creamer bottle snowmen out there,) I decided to come up with a coffee and caramel-themed gift to give to teachers for the end of the school year. I picked the caramel part of the theme because my favorite International Delight creamer is the Caramel Macchiato flavor.
I included the following in my themed gift tray:
- A bottle of International Delight Caramel Macchiato creamer
- A large bag of Starbucks coffee beans
- Copco iced coffee cup (I love this cup so much…I just bought a second one since I use my first one so much. I usually fill it with water or decaf iced tea since I’m still pregnant, but I plan on filling them with large quantities of iced coffee in a few weeks once this baby is born!)
- Starbucks Via iced coffee packets
- Fleur de Sel caramels from Trader Joe’s (regular caramels would work as well, but these are extra special!)
- Caramel Layerer Brownies while I was pulling this gift tray together.)
- A special thank you note
If this is above your gift budget, it could easily be simplified to just an iced coffee cup filled with iced coffee packets, caramels, and an ice-cold bottle of I.D. Caramel Macchiato Creamer.
You could also mix the gift theme up a bit if you knew the recipient preferred a certain flavor. Just swap out the Caramel Macchiato creamer and Fleur de Sel caramels for any of these combinations:
- French Vanilla International Delight with a packet of vanilla beans and a recipe for your favorite vanilla bean ice cream
- Southern Butter Pecan International Delight with a batch of Mini Pecan Pie Bites
- Hershey’s S’mores International Delight with graham crackers, marshmallows, chocolate bars, and wooden skewers
- York Peppermint Patty International Delight with a big bag of Peppermint Patties
- Cinnabon International Delight with a Cinnabon gift card
Tie it up with some ribbon matching the school colors. Your gift recipient will be able to kick off their summer and enjoy their caffeine fix with some special treats!
What’s Your ID? International Delight is looking for their most passionate flavor fans. Put your ID on the map to enter to win a Magical Trip, play games and discover more unexpected delight. Share your ID flavor at http://whatsyourid.com.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.