Since I bought my doughnut pan, I have been really into making baked doughnuts. I have made cinnamon sugar coated and powdered sugar coated. I had an idea to make glazed baked doughnuts, but wanted to flavor the donuts with something besides cinnamon and nutmeg.
International Delight has come out with Cold Stone Creamery flavored creamers. I love Cold Stone Creameries ice cream and International Delight was able to capture some of these flavors to enjoy in your coffee creamer. I found the Founder’s Favorite, a mixed flavor of brownies, pecans, caramel, and fudge at my Target and decided it would be the perfect addition to my baked doughnuts.
The other Cold Stone Creamery flavors consist of Sweet Cream, Hot for Cookie, and Churro Caramel. I love to have a baked doughnut with my coffee in the morning so why not put the creamer taste I love into a doughnut? I took my basic baked doughnut recipe and omitted some sugar and milk and replaced it with the Cold Stone Creamery International Delight Creamers. All of the flavors would work perfectly for this baked doughnut recipe, so pick your favorite! The sweet glaze is the perfect mix to the delicious cakey doughnuts.
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup International Delight Cold Stone Creamery creamery (you pick the flavor!)
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-4 tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray doughnut pan with non-stick cooking spray (I only have one 6-doughnut pan so I just had to make the doughnuts in batches)
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Then in a small bowl whisk together the egg, milk, creamer, melted butter and vanilla extract. Take the wet ingredients and add them to the dry ingredient bowl. Mix together until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into prepared doughnut pans filling about ¾th the way.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until doughnuts spring back when poked.
- Let doughnuts cool.
- To make glaze- Add confectioners sugar to a medium sized bowl. Whisk this sugar to take out any lumps. Add in vanilla extract and 2 tbsp. of water an whisk until smooth. Mix in more water if glaze is too thick, if it gets too watery add additional confectioners’ sugar.
- Dip cooled doughnuts in glaze and place on a wired rack placed on a baking sheet so that extra glaze can drip off into the baking sheet. Let glaze dry and enjoy!
Love ice cream + coffee? This summer, International Delight is bringing your favorite Cold Stone Creamery ice cream flavors to coffee and they’re celebrating by giving away five $400 grand prizes to throw this summer’s ultimate Ice Cream Social! To enter, visit the ID + Ice Cream Pinterest board and pin your favorite image using the #IScream4ID hashtag. Good luck!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.