Happy Cinco De Mayo! Are you looking for some recipes to celebrate with? Well, you have come to the right place. I love, love, love me some Mexican food so it isn’t too hard to find a recipe in my my collection to make around here.
Over the weekend, I mixed up a couple batches of these Strawberry Margaritas to celebrate with. With strawberries on sale for so cheap around this time of year in California, it seemed like the perfect flavor for our “margs.” I love this classic recipe for Margaritas,but sometimes a little variation is needed. The best part about this recipe is that you make strawberry simple syrup which can then be used to make other drinks like strawberry milk, pink lemonade, or even strawberry-flavored seltzer water by mixing in a few spoonfuls. I recommend making the strawberry simple syrup ahead of time. I also juiced my limes ahead of time so when I was preparing the drinks, everything was ready. Enjoy!
- 4 oz. triple sec
- 4 oz. tequila
- 5 oz. strawberry simple syrup
- 4 oz lime juice
- sugar and kosher salt, to garnish
- lime slices and strawberries, to garnish
- To make simple syrup- In sauce pan, heat 1 cup of water with 1 cup of sugar, stir and heat until mixture is clear. Put in a mason jar and let cool.
- To make Strawberry simple syrup, put in 1 cup of cooled simple syrup and 1½ cups of cleaned, hulled strawberries. Blend until smooth.
- To make Margarita- Mix together all ingredients with ice. Rub a slice of lime on the rim of 2 glassed, dip glassed is the sugar/salt mixture so it sticks to rim. Add additional ice to glasses and pour mixed drink into glasses. Garnish with lime wedges and strawberries. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Source- Adapted slightly from Tide and Thyme
Want more recipes for Cinco De Mayo?