It’s time to discuss Thanksgiving Day eating strategies! While you want to be hungry for the big meal, you don’t want to be ravenous and cranky leading up to the main event. I like to have a variety of light appetizers available for my guests so they can pick and nibble at snacks throughout the day.
Popcorn is such an easy treat to prepare and I decided to create a savory recipe for Thanksgiving: Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn. I usually like my butter/salt popcorn combo so much that I rarely make any other popcorn recipes, but I had a very difficult time removing my hand from the vicinity of the popcorn bowl with this version. I highly recommend investing in a Whirley Pop* if you don’t know own already. It makes popping popcorn a cinch.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (you could also use canola or vegetable oil, but coconut is a healthier oil)
- ½ cup popcorn kernels, popped (yields 14-16 cups popped popcorn)
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Use the coconut oil and popcorn kernels to pop 14-16 cups popcorn (I recommend using a Whirley Pop*.) Pour popped popcorn into a large serving bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil, grated cheese, rosemary and sea salt in a small bowl.
- Pour olive oil mixture over popcorn and stir well to combine.
If you prefer a sweeter popcorn recipe for an appetizer or snack, I highly recommend K’s Lightened-Up Caramel Corn:
What’s your favorite appetizer to eat/serve before the big Thanksgiving meal?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, but all opinions are my own.