Well, hello readers! I originally made this recipe for Super Bowl Sunday, but ran out of time to post it before it happened. Then, I was going to post this as an Oscar’s appetizer, but I am now too late for that! Get it together Keelin! I am officially sharing this recipe with you all so I don’t procrastinate it anymore. This Pimento Dip is a quick and easy cold dip that makes a perfect last-minute appetizer.
A few years ago, I shared a hot Tex-Mex Pimento Cheese Dip with you and today I am sharing a cold one. This dip goes perfectly with tortilla chip strips. The best part about this dip is that Matt can pull it together all on his own and I just get to eat it! I actually don’t think I have made this recipe yet, even this batch was made by Matt! We always dip right into this as soon as it is ready. If you plan to make this recipe ahead of time, store in the refrigerator and bring out 30 minutes before serving. It’s still amazing when it’s cold, but this dips firms up when it is chilled and you will break your chips in it. Nothing is worse than breaking your chips in the dip…well, there are probably a few more thing, but in the dip world it is pretty tragic.
- 4 oz. reduced fat Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- ½ tsp. Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2-3 tbsp. pimentos, or chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped onion
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients until combined.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled with tortilla chips or veggies.
Source- Adapted from Paula Deen via the foodnetwork.com