I thought this week might be challenging to find a lot of different carrot recipes, but I definitely underestimated how many ways one can eat carrots. Although carrots can be found year-round in supermarkets, it’s always interesting to try out the various varieties and colors of carrots available from local farms. If you open yet another CSA box full of carrots and think “les carottes sont cuites” (translation: the carrots are cooked, meaning: you’re done for), here are 10 carrot recipes to get culinary inspiration.
Carrot Recipes from Around the Web:
- Carrot and Yogurt Sauce from The Bon Appetit Test Kitchen
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Maple-Cream Cheese Frosting from smitten kitchen
- Carrot Juice Recipes from All About Juicing
- Curried Carrot Soup from Rachel Ray
- Grated Carrot Salad from Once Upon a Chef
- Greek Veggie Wraps from Annie’s Eats
- Papaya-Carrot Sorbet from Lemons & Anchovies
- Parmesan Carrot Risotto from Martha Stewart Everyday Food, January 2009
- Roasted Carrots from Ina Garten
- Roasted Chicken and Carrots with Olives and Lemons from Real Simple
Carrot Recipes from Other Bloggers:
Please link up any recipes with carrots as an ingredient. Feel free to submit as many recipes as you want!
If you are looking for more recipe ideas for fresh produce, please be sure to check out the Fresh Produce Tuesday tag. We have a large assortment of recipes for Asparagus, Artichokes, Spring Onions, Peas, Garlic Scapes & Spring Garlic, Rhubarb, Fava Beans, Radishes, Lettuce, Morels, Strawberries, and Kale. Check back in next Tuesday, June 26th for our Chard post and on Tuesday, July 3rd for recipe ideas for Raspberries.